So I set out to to make some new jewelry from old. Here is one such piece that I found:
I liked the focal pendant but not the beaded necklace part. And the more I looked at the pendant, it was pretty but it really needed "something else." But what?
So I rummaged through my supplies and found this stamping from VintageJewelrySupplies.com - one of my favorite suppliers. In fact, I used components from Vintage Jewelry Supplies for most of the original design as well. The pink fire opal, the clear teardrop, bead cap and setting are all from there.
Now for the fun part. First I disassembled the pendant from the necklace and removed the beaded teardrop dangle leaving just the pendant to work with. Then I layered the pendant onto the stamping pictured above using E-6000 glue. E-6000 glue is wonderful - it is absolutely permanent. I placed the pendant into the dapped center of the stamping, let it sit for 24 hours, holding it place by taping it to my work table - this holds it firmly in place while the glue sets.
The next day I re-beaded the pendant into a necklace. I liked the teardrop and bead cap, so used it again as a dangle. You might notice the stamping has a loop at the top - that is where I placed the dangle. So I actually used the "top" of the stamping as the bottom.
Then I used jump rings to attach some rhinestone settings and chain. I decided to make a less busy necklace for this pendant than the original design. Here is what I came up with:
|Close-up View of Pendant|
That's all for now. As always, thanks so much for visiting!